Monday, June 23, 2008

"Let's get ready to RUMBLE!"






I started boxing at a gym called PrimeTime Boxing in Sacramento about 5 months ago. I have to say it's the most motivating, challenging and FUN workout I've ever done. I always look forward to going even though I know they're going to kick my a$$ during the workout. The owners of the gym are Cary and Angelo Nunez. Angelo used to be Oscar de La Hoya's sparring partner and Cary is a highly trained female boxer...one of just a few in the US. They got together with Audi, Bistro 33 (a popular Sacramento restaurant), and some local fashion designers for a huge event in El Dorado Hills on June 12. Audi released their new A4 car, great food was served, there was a fashion show and, of course, some fights! The highlight was that they got Michael Buffer to come to the event...he's the guy famous for announcing "Let's get ready to rumble!" He's in the first photo and was doing the "ble" part of "rumble" when I snapped the pic. The second photo is Angelo and Cary. Third shot is some boxing action followed by the obligatory bikini-clad girl walking around the ring. The last picture is me with my friend, Dennis. He started boxing one month before I did and we keep each other motivated during the workouts. I'm so proud of him because he's lost a lot of weight in the past 6 months and his doctor has taken him off his cholesterol/high blood pressure medicine because he's getting so healthy! Way to go, Dennis!!!!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Brooke, have you seen The Hammer yet? It is available on DVD now. Great movie!!